Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder Provides:
- Dissimilar Welding Capabilities. Copper to steel, copper to aluminum, nickel to steel—ideal for battery welding!
- 3 Available Configurations: Stylus only, weld head, or CNC table.
- 250 Ws Max Energy. The most powerful Sunstone pulse arc micro welder yet!
- Weld materials 0.003-.030” (0.075-0.75mm) in thickness. Perfect for attaching copper tabs to power cells.
- Digital Control. Adjust and control all energy attributes with color touch screen.
- Visual Waveform Graphs. View energy waveforms and histograms.
- PLC-Ready. With 5 outputs/2 inputs easily integrates into your production process.
- CNC Compatibility. Attaches to any CNC table, like the Janome Cartesian Robot, for maximum production levels
- 127 Remote Schedules. Saves time with access to saved welds.
- Import/Export Saved Welds. Easily transfer settings to other units.
- Lock-Out Mode. Prevent changes to production settings.
- Alarms and Warnings. Avoid time-consuming errors or potentially hazardous conditions.
- Built-in Training. How-to videos always at your fingertips.
- WiFi Software Upgrades. On-board software is easily maintained.
- 1-Year or Forever Warranties Available. Enjoy the standard one year warranty or join the Sunstone Circle customer service plan and protect your welding investment for as long as you own it!
Overview and Applications
The Omega PA250i Copper Tab Battery Welder is capable of welding highly conductive metals such as copper and aluminum. It also comes in a CNC version that is capable of performing all the same tasks with the assistance of a CNC table.
This system brags an all new design and performance. This latest update takes all of the great features from our previous model and adds to it a new motorized weld head adding greater control, precision, and uniformity to every weld. Manufacturers can produce lighter, more compact battery packs without compromising power or capacity.
Features and Benefits of the Sunstone Omega PA250i Copper Battery Tab Welder:
- Solderless Connections – The metals are fused together at the weld spot for a continuous connection and no voltage drops.
- Clean Weld Spots – During the welding process, surface contaminants are burned off, allowing for strong, clean welds.
- Weld Dissimilar Metals – Sunstone Spot Welders can weld any combination of metals, such as Copper to Aluminum.
- Small Heat Affected Zone – The heat-affected zone (HAZ) is very small and very localized to ensure no degradation to the battery. The 250i provides enough energy to make the weld without affecting the integrity of the cell.